- Location: Bournemouth
- Salary: Dependent on experience + benefits
- Hours: 9:00am-5:30pm
- Closing date: 31st July 2019
With a 35-year pedigree, RLA is a full-service advertising and marketing communications agency with a focus on changing human behaviour by creating highly relevant human experiences. We pride ourselves in being insightful, original thinkers with very high standards across all agency disciplines including Creative, Design and Client Services. All this based in a beautiful converted barn in Bournemouth. You’ll have the best of both worlds as you’ll be based in a stunning, relaxed countryside location, but be just a 20-minute drive to Dorset’s finest beaches!
Our clients, primarily Automotive, range in size from small businesses to the very largest multinational brands including PSA, Volvo, Scania and BMW/MINI. Through our expertise in the automotive sector we have also built a digital marketing platform – Cortex, used by our existing clients to varying degrees for marketing planning, creation, automation and delivery.
We’re currently recruiting for a Head of New Business to join the team. This is a rare opportunity to join an agency at the beginning of a very exciting new chapter in with a new Leadership team, strategy and positioning to be at the forefront of the future of mobility and build off the Marketing Weeks Masters in Automotive award we won last year.
This role is ultimately responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing and new business strategy for both streams of business; growing the mobility client base for RLA and growing the Cortex user base.
- Develop & deliver the strategy for RLA’s marketing & new business development, appropriate to need and responsive to opportunities in close collaboration with the Leadership Team,
- Effectively market and sell a clear Agency proposition to prospective Clients,
- Build and maintain a target list of potential clients and create opportunities to present the Agency’s credentials to them,
- Develop pitch opportunities for the Agency,
- Lead pitch teams in the development and execution of client pitches,
- Effectively answer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Invitations to Tender (ITTs),
- Identify and develop a growing network of contacts for the Agency,
- Develop and implement a strategy for increasing the visibility of the Agency,
- Stay appropriately networked and keep abreast of trends, news, events and deadlines, so that all possible new opportunities are exploited
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the new world of communications and the opportunities this is presenting to the mobility sector and beyond. You will be a self-starter with the charisma, energy and drive to make your ideas become a reality.
The ideal candidate is likely to possess the following qualifications / experience:
- Demonstrable experience in Marketing and New Business Development,
- Thorough understanding of advertising and marketing principles,
- An experienced and known networker in the Automotive sector,
- Proven track record of winning new business,
- Leadership and collaboration skills, with a hands-on approach to work, and the ability to motivate pitch teams,
- Proven ability to innovate and generate fresh ideas, solutions & approaches,
- Self-starter who can spot opportunities,
- Excellence in managing and motivating wide and varied teams,
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills,
- Sound understanding of and ability to apply principles of research & effectiveness evaluation. Ability to talk knowledgably to prospects/new clients about ROI’s and KPI’s,
- Excellent presentation, communication, planning, time-management and follow-through skills